On January 20th, 2021, Joe Biden will be sworn in as President of the United States. Sometime later in 2021 Kamala Harris will likely be sworn into the same office. What that means for gun owners is probably lots of bad things but possibly a couple of really good things.
First the Bad
- The return of Robert Francis (hell yes I’ll take your guns) O’Rourke as the Biden/Harris gun czar. We can expect “Beto” to attempt to ban or confiscate AR15 style sporting rifles from law-abiding Americans.
- The continuation of the gun, ammo, and primer shortage through the end of the year and beyond. This because of continued safety concerns due to threatened COVID related lockdowns, the incoming administration’s support of BLM and Antifa terrorist groups, and the Biden/Harris anti-law enforcement position.
- A whole slew of anti-2A gun control laws at the federal level. President Harris has vowed to take action within 100 days if congress fails to act on gun control.
Now the Good
- Because of President Trump, we now have a solid majority of five constitutionalist Justices on the Supreme Court. That means that they will likely rule on a 2A case in the next couple of years and the chances of them ruling correctly according to the Constitution are very good. With the right case and the right ruling the Second Amendment may finally be protected and the gun control threat may be ended once and for all.
- Also because of President Trump we have over 300 new judges at the federal level that are more likely to rule according to the Constitution which is good news for all Americans.
America is likely headed into a very dark period based on what the incoming Biden/Harris administration say they plan to do.
So What Can You Do?
Initially I thought the answer to that question was nothing. You had the chance to do something on November 3rd and you blew it so, as a result, Joe Biden will be President come January 20th. However, during my bike ride this morning I came up with a better answer, so I’ll share that one with you.
Over the past ten months we’ve seen many of our supposedly Constitutionally protected rights abused under the guise of a questionable health crisis. Second Amendment rights were an early target but thanks mostly to our recently defeated President, the Second Amendment remained protected.
Citizens have the opportunity to change things every two years. Politicians enjoy that power every day. Democrat politicians seem to hate the country, dislike the Constitution, and are not very fond of us so we shouldn’t expect them to do the right thing. Republicans, on the other hand profess to love the country and the Constitution and claim to support the citizens yet with few exceptions do little to confirm those beliefs. For instance, local Republican politicians have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to protect citizens from the devasting effects of Governor Newsome’s overreach under the guise of COVID-19.
So now the answer. What you can do is get involved and do everything you can to see that every incumbent politician up for reelection in 2022 loses. Do it again for 2024. Who they are replaced by or from what party doesn’t matter. What matters is that the people we put in office will support and protect the rights we cherish.
When I say do everything you can I don’t mean just vote. I mean get involved. Learn about the people running for office locally and support the good ones. Volunteer your time, contribute to their campaigns, talk to your family, friends and coworkers many of whom will be misinformed. Consider running for office yourself!
Mark Robinson is the ultimate example of what I’m talking about. You may remember him from a video that was very popular after the Parkland shooting. Mark was the black man speaking to the Greensboro, North Carolina city council protesting their abusive, kneejerk, anti-2A reaction to the Parkland shooting. You can read about Mark and see the video here.
Mark Robinson wasn’t an activist, he wasn’t even a gun owner. Mark was just fed up by the government abuse of his rights and he felt he had to do something. On November 3, 2020 Mark Robinson was elected Lt. Governor of North Carolina. That’s power! That’s the power all of us have. That’s what you can do.
The right to self-defense is a basic human right. Gun ownership is an integral part of that right. If you want to keep your rights defend them by joining San Diego County Gun Owners (SDCGO) in San Diego, Orange County Gun Owners (OCGO) in Orange County, San Bernardino County Gun Owners (SBCGO) in San Bernardino County or Riverside County Gun Owners (RCGO) in Riverside. Support the cause by listening to Gun Owners Radio live on Sunday afternoon or on the internet at your leisure. Join the fight and help us restore and preserve our second amendment rights. Together we will win.
©2020 Joseph T Drammissi